I road-tripped from Dallas to College Station yesterday because Matt finally got his Aggie ring!! WHOOP! Congrat's brother!! Even though it was only for a few hours, I had a great time with my family. So, I left College Station and I was supposed to be back in Dallas by 12:30-1ish. About an hour away from school, while doing everything I could to keep myself awake, I ran over a brick....a huge stinking brick at 70 mph. Obviously I didn't swerve enough out of the way and my tire went flat. It's 12:15 at night, I am alone in a very ghetto area, my tire is losing air and I don't know how to change it. So I tried multiple times to get a state trooper to pull me over before it finally worked. But seriously!?!? They pull me over for speeding, but it was almost impossible to intentionally get pulled over! It was fun though...driving all suspicious..like fishing for a cop. He led me to the nearest gas station and helped me change my tire. He informed me that he was supposed to be busting people for drugs on the road that night. I got curious, and It was kind of an awkward situation so I asked him how he could tell if someone had drugs in their car. He said, "Well, Ma'am, they do exactly what you did. I thought I was about to bust you for drugs." On the outside I kept my cool and acted interested in what he continued to say, while on the inside I was all giddy and jumping up in down like WHAT! That's was kinda awesome, I got pulled over because I had tricked a cop into thinking I was a drug dealer! How many 18 year old girls can say that??? I also got questioned on why I had a stolen construction cone in my car. I just smiled and talked myself out of it...thank goodness he didn't see the street sign!!! haha well more of his buddies showed up and had a great time making me feel like a complete idiot. One of the officers even felt the need to say that his 10 year old daughter knew how to change a tire! Well mr fancy pants does your 10 year old daughter know how to tie on a hook?? Ya that's right, my dad taught me the important lessons in life! Boo-ya!! hahaha :) Well, they finished fixing the shark's wheel around 1 something, and as I was pulling out of the parking lot, they were busting people for drugs right in front of me. That was kinda cool, I guess. Now my car looks straight ghetto with an ugly, bright red donut on it...fit's right in with Dallas though! lol So I finally made it safely back to school around 2:15. What. A. Night!
Praise the Lord for keeping me safe. He did not have to provide me with a kind state trooper. He did not have to protect me last night, but He did and I am so thankful. The Lord has been doing amazing things in my life lately. I've come to realize that nothing in my life matters more than glorifying God...in AND out of seasons. Sometimes, in the midst of heart ache, it's hard not to think selfishly and get angry with God. It's a challenge to place my own feelings aside and say, "You know what, Lord, if this is what You want I will submit to your perfect plan. No matter what happens You are, and always will be in control. My hope is forever in You." I realized that living for the Lord, and having a right relationship with Him is what matters most, despite my feelings and fleshly desires. It was hard though, and sad because something that meant so much to me had to be let go. What's crazy is that even in sadness I am filled with joy! What? Joy? Yep. There is benefit. The Lord knows what He's doing and at the end of the day He is still sovereign! He is truly my hope and my strength. Romans 11 says, "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen." In Chapter 12 Paul writes that God's will is good and acceptable and perfect. Why, then should I be filled with sadness instead of joy? God has an amazing plan for my life and yours!! What is more exciting than knowing that and finding peace in that? Is the sadness gone? Absolutely not, but it is not tearing me down either. Psalm 73:5 says "Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Friends, the Lord is so good.
There is so much more I want to say! There's a possibility that I switch majors and schools. I even applied to Baylor at 4:00 this morning. BUT this is too long. Maybe if things keep happening ill blog about it...lucky you! haha Well it's time to get out and enjoy this beautiful sunny weather!!!
"In all of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship" :)
Hi, dear sweet niece. Love your blog. When it's not so late, I'll figure out how to be a follower. Can't wait to see you! Love, Aunt Becky
ReplyDelete